Friday, August 10, 2007

08/08/07 Roanoke to Farmville, VA

This ride, which was supposed to be our last 100+ mile day though it ended at around 82 miles because of roads that are illegal for cyclists to ride on, was so humid and so unbelievably hot and took my group until 3:45pm to get to lodging at the Days Inn. Keep in mind that this ride began around 7:00am. I went without lunch so that I could shower and shave before an early dinner, which we left for at 4:45pm. Our dinner and friendship visit was with STEPS who both employee as well as help people with disabilities find jobs. A girl named Elsie showed me around the manufacturing workplace where we were eating (which is where she works). A big ball was getting bounced around by everyone in a group for a while and then, just as we were starting the dance party we had to go. Once we got back, a small group of us immediately went and did laundry (and I needed to so desperately). After that, I prepared my gag gifts and hit the hay.

No comments: