Saturday, August 4, 2007

Two days in Morehead, Kentucky

07/31/07
I rode today mostly with just one other person in a two-man pace line which was great because it was with someone I don't spend a lot of time with. We battled the beautiful green hills of Kentucky together. We did two arrivals at places didn't have a crowd waiting for us, with the exception of Pi Kapps from Morehead State University. They brought us sandwich stuff for lunch and dinner was at a park. The visit wasn't my favorite because there were two couples at my table who were more concerned with talking to each other than me. Plus there wasn't enough food provided so we had to go to McDonalds right after. A girl working there gave me a free vanilla cone (score!). At the visit though, we got some whiffleball going as best we could.

08/01/07
I woke up on our day off at 9:30 am for a 10:00 breakfast at the dining center on campus (we were staying in the dorms by the way that look alot like prisons, inside and out) and everyone was in such a great mood! No doubt that our chance to sleep in had an influence on that. Everyone was in a good mood all day actually, finally a day without being busy and having a chance to relax. I got a haircut after breakfast and then a big group of us went to the Simpsons Movie for $3.00! Can you believe it? We made it back to lodging just as the pizza for lunch was being delivered. After, I got a short massage from a Morehead State Pi Kapp who did the Florida cycling trip and was a certified masseuse. It was relaxing enough that I took a nap before we went to dinner at a Buffalo Wings sports bar/restaurant place and I couldn't tell you why I ordered a burger when that's what we get so often for dinner from our sponsors but I did. After our team meeting I reorganized and repacked my bag for the last stretch of days coming up before the trip ends on August 12th. Then I got to sleep with five days of riding until our last day off of the trip.

No comments: