Thursday, July 26, 2007

07/20/07 Jefferson City to Union, MO

The roads were the absolute worst we’ve seen and Missouri is officially the worst state to ride a bike in. We rode on some tough hills with no shoulder, broken roads with pot holes and right in the middle of rush hour. I should have racked up but I kept telling myself it would get better, and it did I guess. At least the traffic thinned out and cars could pass us easier. After an 80 mile day we had cold pizza waiting for us at our lodging (a gym). Dinner was provided by the Rotary Club. There was a live band (composed of old people) and I was enjoying it and the hot roast beef sandwiches but Steve pulled us out after only about an hour. A bunch of us changed our clothes immediately when we got home and drove to the movie theater. We all saw different movies, Nick and I saw the new Harry Potter! We had an excellent time, loved the movie. We played the arcades for 20 minutes before and those are always fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, it reminds me of when you used to watch Mr. Dressup!!
lu mom