Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Slow internet AKA no new pictures

Sorry, but the internet is too slow to upload pictures. Keep looking for updates soon!

July 11, 2007 Dodge City to Pratt, KS

The day started off with my first flat tire since the day we left Seattle. And then to make things better, I had some gear and chain problems which held my group and I back even longer. Eventually and 40 minutes later, I finally made it out of the parking lot and on to the road to BEGIN the 80 mile ride which just so happened to be into the wind the entire way. All in all, 9 hours passed between leaving Dodge City and getting to our lodging in Pratt. It was definitely my toughest ride so far. My back and butt were aching most of the day and the wind really adds frustration to the ride. It was overcast though for most of the ride so we didn't have to deal with the heat thankfully. I was also lucky that I wasn't in the group that got lost in the first 10 miles because they missed a turn. The crew found them and there weren't any other problems for the rest of the ride, aside from sore body parts.


For dinner we were served steak, baked potatoes, and homemade ice cream among other food and treats. We got taken out to an archery club which loved having us and allowed us to shoot bow and arrows. It was pretty exciting and something not very many people have the chance to do.




The fruit pizza was so good! After dinner we had a team meeting and then a few of us rode our bikes down the street to yet another Sonic which never ceases to serve its purpose of delicious drinks and fun atmosphere.


Today marks Day 40 and I honestly cannot believe it.

No comments: