Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Kansas stinks, literally

July 10, 2007 Garden City to Dodge City, KS

After a filling continental breakfast at the hotel, we headed to Dodge City for about a 50 mile ride. My butt was killing me after the 100 miler the day before. Again, it wasn't too hot but it was into the wind. I've found that there a lot of different smells on the road, most of them not very good. For lunch we ate at the Dodge City Community College cafeteria (aka dorm food) which I haven't had in a while and it wasn't too bad at all. Since the night was given to us for ourselves, a group of us went and saw the new Die Hard movie. It was a little over-the-top but entertaining and action-packed. The rest of the night consists of bike maintenance and relaxation. I was able to catch a little bit of the Homerun Derby last night but I don't think I'll see any of the All-Star Game.

In other news (since I haven't been able to update in so long): My wonderful girlfriend Hailey is coming to Washington D.C. along with my family and I couldn't be more excited! She is also equally or more so thrilled that the new Harry Potter movie is coming out in a few days and soon after the new book. :)

I have lost 10+ lbs and dropped one waist size.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you ain't lyin' 'bout kansas stinkin' 'n' all. 'specially with all them stockyards 'n' feedlots 'n' whatnot. peeuuw!