Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I've never hated insects more than I do right now

July 9, 2007 Lamar, CO to Garden City, KS

... and there were bugs all over me. I've found at least 15 bug bites on me already and continue to find more and more. Anyhow... about the ride. It was 102 miles into the wind for the most part though it wasn't too hot. It's the first 100 miler we've done in quite some time and I was pushing it pretty hard with six or seven other guys. This was also the ride that took us into Kansas!

So, one more state down and about nine days until we're out of Kansas. This ride, like the previous two, featured a crew member, this time it was the one in charge of finances. He rode the entire 102 miles but he was hurting. He did win a steak dinner from the Public Relations crew member though. He, like the others, did not have any experience riding bikes so we had to give him a lot of credit. We were all there waiting for him (in the last group) to ride into the Comfort Inn in Garden City.

For dinner we got taken to a buffet! I ate so much food and desserts! Andrew came too and I believe this was the first sponsored dinner Andrew came to since getting injured. I'm glad he's able to come because he's been missing out on a lot. We'll be in Wichita in two days and he'll get a check-up there to see if there are any new developments. At the hotel after dinner, Andrew, I, and a few others soaked it up in the hot tub and played around in the pool. I just relaxed for the rest of the night which wasn't too long since we lost an hour entering Central Time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sunflowers, my fav, take some pics if you go by some big fields of them for me!
ly mom

Danny said...

uhh is there any sunflower seeds on those sunflowers?